- Our services
- Community and youth
Counselling is talking with a trained professional who can help you work through solutions or coping strategies for a range of personal problems.
Counsellors do not tell you what to do, make decisions for you or give advice. They listen and work with you to clarify the issue and explore options or strategies for dealing with the situation.
We offer counselling for a range of situations, to support you to address your problems and return to an active, healthy and rewarding life.
Our counselling services
Our counselling services are delivered by experienced counsellors, mental health nurses, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists and other mental health professionals in a safe and non-judgemental environment.
We offer holistic, professional and compassionate care tailored to your needs.
You can access counselling through our range of community support services:
- Pomegranate House – community psychology service in Ballarat, Victoria
- Murdoch Community Mental Health – mental health services and community support in Fremantle, Western Australia
- Raphael Services – specialist mental health care for mums, dads and families impacted by perinatal anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses in Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia.
- Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal Network (DAWN) – support to help you reduce or stop substance use by providing care and support at home.
- South West Community Alcohol and Drug Service – community drug and alcohol service operating across the southwest of WA, based in Bunbury.
Benefits of counselling
- Offers you safety and freedom to express your thoughts and feelings
- Provides you with tools to help to resolve your troubles
- Can help you understand yourself better – and the way you think
- Can help you feel better and cope with challenges
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require you to fully participate in necessary care and management. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether treatment is suitable for you.
You may be interested in