- Our services
- During your pregnancy
During your pregnancy
Pregnancy can be a wonderful and exciting time but it can also be an emotional time which might present some doubts and questions - especially for first-time parents.
Due to state safety restrictions, information on this page may be subject to change. Please see our COVID-19 information for the latest details and how you may be affected.
We support you during your pregnancy to help build your knowledge and confidence in what is ahead.
Support throughout your pregnancy
Registered patients are welcome to contact our maternity unit with pregnancy-related concerns or questions they might have.
A registered midwife will assess your situation and refer you to the most appropriate service.
For example, they might:
- invite you in to the maternity unit for a further check or to begin your labour
- recommend you present to an emergency department for specialised medical care
- advise you to liaise with your obstetrician or GP.
Please contact us if you:
- have any concerns related to your pregnancy
- think you are in labour
- are experiencing any blood loss from your vaginal area or a rupture of membranes (‘waters breaking’)
- have a severe headache and/or visual disturbances such as blurred vision
- experience intense abdominal pain
- notice reduced baby movements.
Please fill in the form below for more information or contact us on:
Tel: (03) 5226 8888
Email: [email protected]
Interested in parent education?
Visit our parent education page to find out more.
You may be interested in