- Our services
- Medical and surgical
Having good vision can help you lead an independent and fulfilling life. We address your concerns and our caregivers are available to answer any questions you may have about your treatment expectations.
We deliver excellent, patient-centred care and offer a range of treatment options to ensure you have the best quality of life possible.
Our ophthalmology services
Our range of ophthalmology services are designed to treat eye conditions and improve vision.
Our ophthalmologists diagnose and treat disorders and diseases affecting the eye, eye socket and eyelids, and their functions. Many of our ophthalmologists also have a sub-specialty, such as cataracts, glaucoma or retinal conditions and are involved in the latest technological advances and scientific research.
Some of the conditions our ophthalmology services can help you with are:
- cataracts - surgery
- glaucoma - medical and surgical therapy
- medical retina - laser and injection therapy
- children's eye conditions
- diabetic eye disease
- macular degeneration
- retinal vein occlusion
- medical treatments of infections
- surgical treatments including pterygium
- inflammatory eye disease /uveitis.
With the exception of emergencies, you will need a referral from your general practitioner (GP) or another medical specialist to access our ophthalmology services.
Specialists can provide referrals to the Lions Eye Institute in Nedlands or St John of God Murdoch Hospital for eye procedures not offered at Midland.
Benefits of our ophthalmology services
We offer a range of benefits to you and your family, including:
- patient-centred medical care offered by highly experienced specialists
- a holistic approach that takes into account your medical and non-medical needs
- immediate care for patients with urgent, sight-threatening problems
- access to the latest diagnostic tools and treatments.
You may be interested in