St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital Clinical Midwifery Specialist Shannon Scari shares her recommendations for your labour bag.
We recommend bringing separate bags, one for labour and one for the postnatal ward.
For labour, many women like to pack the following items:
- Preferred beverages, such as Powerade
- We recommend you check the hospital policy for photos/videos during labour/caesarean sections
- Don’t forget your charger
- We recommend creating a playlist ahead of the big day with your favourite songs
- Some women prefer to use headphones for music
- Essential oils and an electronic oil burner
- Battery operated candles
- Comfort items, such as a special pillow, soft blanket or anything that makes you feel a sense of comfort
- Set of clothes for yourself and your baby
- Hospital bag with items for your postnatal stay
To learn more about what to pack in your postnatal bag.