Working with us
Start a healthy career
When you join St John of God Health Care, you join one of Australia’s leading healthcare providers with more than 15,500 employees offering hospitality, hope and healing to all in our care.
We refer to our employees as caregivers in recognition of the valuable contribution everyone makes to the health and wellbeing of those we serve.
We offer competitive remuneration, a safe, healthy and diverse work environment and an organisation filled with people keen to contribute to the health and wellbeing of others. We also offer:
- training and development
- salary packaging
- flexible work options
- purchased leave
- discounted hospital / medical / health insurance services
- an employee assistance program
- relocation assistance
Find out more about the benefits of joining St John of God Health Care.
Nursing and midwifery careers
We offer our nurses and midwives a healthy, engaging and supportive practice environment where you can focus on providing exceptional care. We highly value our nurses and midwives and recognise the vital link they provide between our Mission and the people we serve.
Nursing and midwifery opportunities
We provide a wide variety of nursing and midwifery job opportunities, including:
- Graduate nursing jobs - Our hospitals offer graduate nurses and midwives in Western Australia, Victoria and New South Wales a range of exciting learning opportunities within a supportive environment.
- Nursing and midwifery re-entry - If you want to re-enter the workforce as a midwife or nurse we are here to help with a supportive pathway that leads to a rewarding career in our hospital wards. We welcome interest from midwives and nurses keen to return to practice and can support you by paying your course fees - worth up to $11,000 or assisting you to achieve your supervised practice hours.
- Student midwife employed positions - In partnership with universities, we offer student midwife employed positions to support registered nurses to complete their Graduate Diploma in Midwifery studies, while working with us to meet their clinical practice requirements. Applications open August 2022. Register your interest to find out more.
Find out more about the nursing careers available at St John of God Health Care.
We offer exciting opportunities for junior and senior doctors, to help you start, progress and continue your medical career in a supportive environment, from our intern and RMO programs to registrars and staff doctor positions.
Find out more information about medical careers at St John of God Health Care.
St John of God Health Care caregivers can access important information relating to their employment via the MyPay and MyLearning online portals. Your caregiver number and password is required to log in to these portals.
Why work at Murdoch?
Most hospitals are functionally the same, we get that. What we do differently is in the way that we do it. How we go beyond the fundamentals to ensure our patients receive amazing experiences, how we invest and nurture our caregiver development and potential for the future.
We are the only Australian hospital licensed to facilitate world-leading healthcare leadership and patient experience programs centred on Relationship-based Care and empowering our caregivers. We also teach and practice mindfulness and meditation to ensure you are feeling great. Learn more about our caregiver development programs.
In hospital benefits
- 10% off the hospital cost which is applied to any Murdoch Hospital out of pocket (i.e excess, private room co-payments). This means your excess fee can be waived (up to $1200 for the majority of PHI fund standard insurer excess). Conditions apply.
- If you're uninsured, we can offer 10% discount of all hospital fees.
- This also applies to your spouse and children.
- $50 ED admission fee, plus reduced fee for immediate family members
- Discounted caregiver parking charged at only $3.60 per shift
- Discounted meals in our dedicated caregiver dining room. For around $6, you can help yourself to our varied and changing buffet, including dietary options and free tea and coffee facilities.
- Maxxia salary packaging
- HBF private healthcare discounts
- Hesta support for financial management
- Gym membership discounts through Goodlife
- Car hire discounts through Hertz
- Qantas corporate memberships
- BMW Corporate
- Access to Converge Employee Assistance Program
- Invites to all our caregiver events including the infamous Murdoch Ball, Christmas marquee and festivities, caregiver lunches and celebrations
MURTEC is the southern regions most comprehensive clinical training and conferencing facility and is utilised by our caregivers to keep up to date with clinical competencies and exceptional patient care.
Our state of the art, modern facilities including clinical exam simulation rooms and a single and double demonstration ward and we have a learning and development team ready to help you!
Life on the Murdoch campus
Not only do we have two hospital-owned cafes, we also have the Coffee Club, a retail pharmacy and The General Sherman for meals and an after work drink, all onsite.
Nearby are Fiona Stanley Hospital and Murdoch University and TAFE.
Childcare is also close by.
Applications and expressions of interest now open
Sarah-Jayne Powell, Director of Nursing
Tel: (08) 9428 9966
Email: [email protected]
You may be interested in