Working with us
Located on the banks of the Swan River, the hospital has played a pivotal role in the history of Western Australia and was originally opened in 1937 by the Sisters of Mercy. It became St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital in 2014, continuing a tradition of delivering exceptional maternity, surgical and medical care on the site.
St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital now includes 205 inpatient beds, seven operating theatres, three procedure rooms and outpatient therapy unit. Significant investment to refurbish patient and caregiver spaces has ensured the facility is a pleasant environment that supports best-practice clinical care.
The hospital is the largest private provider of rehabilitation care in Western Australia with private and publically funded wards supported by a comprehensive multidisciplinary team.
What positions are available?
St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital is currently seeking applications from qualified nurses, midwives and doctors to join our friendly and dynamic team of caregivers.
We offer nursing and opportunities across a variety of public and private specialties, including maternity, theatre, mental health, rehabilitation and medical and surgical sub-specialties.
Our teams work together in a family-type work environment where caregivers are encouraged to support each other to deliver the best person-centred care.
Competitive remuneration is available as well as flexibility in work options, salary packaging, training opportunities and access to support when you need it.
Other benefits include:
- central location (less than 4km from Perth CBD)
- free parking for staff and nearby public transport
- opportunity to work across both public and private services
- a healthy, inclusive and supportive environment
- training, professional development and learning opportunities
- working at an updated facility with history and a reputation for excellence in healthcare
- employee wellness program, including discounted gym membership and private health insurance
- an employee assistance program
- generous relocation assistance.
Find out more about the benefits of joining St John of God Health Care.
Start a healthy career
When you join St John of God Health Care, you join one of Australia’s leading healthcare providers with more than 14,000 employees offering hospitality, hope and healing to all in our care.
We refer to our employees as caregivers in recognition of the valuable contribution everyone makes to the health and wellbeing of those we serve.
We offer our nurses and midwives a healthy, engaging and supportive practice environment where you can focus on providing exceptional care. We highly value our nurses and midwives and recognise the vital link they provide between our Mission and the people we serve.
Nursing and midwifery opportunities
We provide a wide variety of nursing and midwifery job opportunities, including:
- Graduate nursing jobs - Our hospitals offer graduate nurses and midwives in Western Australia, Victoria and New South Wales a range of exciting learning opportunities within a supportive environment.
- Nursing and midwifery re-entry - If you want to re-enter the workforce as a midwife or nurse we are here to help with a supportive pathway that leads to a rewarding career in our hospital wards. We welcome interest from midwives and nurses keen to return to practice and can support you by paying your course fees - worth up to $11,000 or assisting you to achieve your supervised practice hours.
- Student midwife employed positions - In partnership with universities, we offer student midwife employed positions to support registered nurses to complete their Graduate Diploma in Midwifery studies, while working with us to meet their clinical practice requirements. Applications open August 2022. Register your interest to find out more.
Find out more about the nursing careers available at St John of God Health Care.
We offer exciting opportunities for junior and senior doctors, to help you start, progress and continue your medical career in a supportive environment, from our intern and RMO programs to registrars and staff doctor positions.
Find out more information about medical careers at St John of God Health Care.
St John of God Health Care caregivers can access important information relating to their employment via the MyPay and MyLearning online portals. Your caregiver number and password is required to log in to these portals.
You may be interested in