Working with us
Working at St John of God Geraldton Hospital
When you join us at St John of God Geraldton Hospital you join a dedicated team who provide exceptional care for our patients, while supporting each other to grow their careers. We offer our caregivers flexible working hours, a competitive salary and so much more.
Our 60-bed hospital is a modern facility serving the regional communities of WA’s Midwest, including Geraldton, Kalbarri, Carnarvon and Exmouth across medical and surgical care, maternity and hospice services.
Geraldton is a contemporary coastal hub, home to turquoise water, white sandy beaches, beautiful weather, thriving cafés and restaurants, shopping, historical tourist attractions and an ever-growing entertainment scene, all while being a stone-throw away from the attractions and beauty of the wider Midwest region. You get the benefits of small-town country living paired with the activity and opportunity of a cosmopolitan city. Not to mention, making your way around is easy thanks to a well-established transport network, including major highways, public transport and local airports.
Our tight-knit community is one we are proud of and love supporting – we look forward to welcoming you to our team of compassionate and exceptional caregivers.
Start a healthy career
When you join St John of God Health Care, you join one of Australia’s leading health care providers with more than 15,500 employees offering hospitality, hope and healing to all in our care.
We refer to our employees as caregivers in recognition of the valuable contribution everyone makes to the health and wellbeing of those we serve.
We offer competitive remuneration, a safe, healthy and diverse work environment and an organisation filled with people keen to contribute to the health and wellbeing of others. We also offer:
- training and development
- salary packaging
- flexible work options
- purchased leave
- discounted hospital / medical / health insurance services
- an employee assistance program
- relocation assistance
Find out more about the benefits of joining St John of God Health Care.
We offer our nurses and midwives a healthy, engaging and supportive practice environment where you can focus on providing exceptional care. We highly value our nurses and midwives and recognise the vital link they provide between our Mission and the people we serve.
Nursing and midwifery opportunities
We provide a wide variety of nursing and midwifery job opportunities, including:
- Graduate nursing jobs - Our hospitals offer graduate nurses and midwives in Western Australia, Victoria and New South Wales a range of exciting learning opportunities within a supportive environment. View our graduate nursing brochure.
- Nursing and midwifery re-entry - If you want to re-enter the workforce as a midwife or nurse we are here to help with a supportive pathway that leads to a rewarding career in our hospital wards. We welcome interest from midwives and nurses keen to return to practice and can support you by paying your course fees - worth up to $11,000 or assisting you to achieve your supervised practice hours.
- Student midwife employed positions - In partnership with universities, we offer student midwife employed positions to support registered nurses to complete their Graduate Diploma in Midwifery studies, while working with us to meet their clinical practice requirements. Applications open August 2022. Register your interest to find out more.
Find out more about the nursing careers available at St John of God Health Care.
We offer exciting opportunities for doctors, to help you continue your medical career in a supportive environment.
Find out more information about medical careers at St John of God Health Care.
St John of God Health Care caregivers can access important information relating to their employment via the MyPay and MyLearning online portals. Your caregiver number and password is required to log in to these portals.
Hear from our caregivers
You may be interested in